2017 Event Recap
Cambridge Healthtech Institute's 2017 Clinical Trial Innovation Summit brought together more than 250 leaders from across pharma, biotech and academia to share case studies and best practices on effective clinical trial management and vendor oversight. The program focused on key issues and opportunities in the clinical trial industry, including patient recruitment, site selection, data integration, existing data sources, mobile tech, project management, outsourcing, vendor management, budgeting and contracting, quality (QbD) in trial conduct, risk-based monitoring and clinical auditing. A special thank you to the speaking faculty, attendees, sponsors and exhibitors who came together to brainstorm, discuss real-world experiences and ultimately advance clinical trials.
"It was a very beneficial one and it is directly relevant to our current work. We will be happy to attend the conference again next year."
Senior Manager, Machine Learning Development
Bayer Digital Innovation US
"I really enjoyed the conference and the talks were very interesting and relevant."
Head, Emerging Analytics and Advanced Visualizations
"Excellent, very intimate with plenty of naturally occurring networking. Excellent speakers and content!"
Associate Director, Clinical Contracting Services
2017 Keynote Presenters
Gregg Larson, Ph.D.
Vice President, Clinical Field Operations, Development
Vice President, Clinical Management
Murray Abramson, M.D.
Vice President, Global Clinical Operations
Vice President & Global Head, Clinical Development, Movement Disorders & Neurodegenerative Diseases
> View Details
2017 Program Highlights
- ICH E6 guidance, including gap analysis, action plans, and project plans from clinical trial quality and risk management expert Andy Lawton
- An assessment of current and future trial technologies: social media, search engine optimization, targeted digital advertising, artificial intelligence and virtual reality
- Real examples of big data analytics in clinical trials at Takeda, Bayer, Janssen and BMS
- Proven strategies for determining timelines, key activity needs, and effective communication for clinical trial outsourcing
- Case studies from AbbVie, Merck and Samumed on new methods of risk mitigation, issue management and oversight plans to ensure quality clinical trials
- How to navigate regulation and data quality and quantity challenges of wearables, sensors and mHealth from pharma teams in the trenches
- Lessons learned from AstraZeneca, BMS, Gilead and several others at the frontline of RBM roll out