Barnett International/CHI’s Fifth Annual
Clinical Project Management Forum
Risk-Based Approaches to Maximizing Trial Performance
June 4-5, 2014, Hilton Boston Back Bay, Boston, MA
The effects of globalization, social media, and risk-based approaches to clinical trials have had a profound effect on project managers. Barnett International/CHI is pleased to announce a Call for Speaker Proposals for our fifth annual Clinical Project Management Forum, an event that addresses the many responsibilities of clinical project managers. We are seeking submissions that address evolving issues: ensuring the delivery of high quality and highly valuable data, improving performance, optimizing patient recruitment, mitigating risk, and navigating the various challenges and opportunities of global clinical trials. Submissions that feature case studies, take-away tools, perspectives on the current regulatory environment, breakout groups, and interactive activities will be given preference.
We invite presentations on topics such as:
- Overcoming the Challenges of Managing Global Clinical Trials: Data Quality, Language, IP Accountability, Patient Recruitment, and Culture
- Managing the Effects of Social Media on Clinical Trials: Risks and Opportunities
- Optimizing Global Patient Recruitment: The Current Regulatory Environment, Challenges, and Opportunities
- Risk-Based Approaches to Project Management: The FDA’s New Risk-Based Monitoring Final Guidance
- Utilizing Risk Management Tools to Improve Performance: Process Mapping, Study Activity Templating, Project Operating Guidelines (POG), and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA)
- Applying Quality by Design When Setting Up Clinical Trials
- Effective Project Management of Clinical Research Organizations
- Effective Project Management of Other Third Party Vendors: Core Labs, Academic Research Organizations (AROs), Site Management Organizations (SMOs), Software Providers, Electronic Patient-Reported Outcomes (ePRO) Providers
- Investigation Product (IP) Logistics: Domestic and International Challenges
- Addressing Changes in Regulatory Requirements and Incorporating Them into Trial Management
- Decreased Funding and Increased Expectations: Remaining Effective When Budgets Decrease
- Maximizing Site Performance from Start-Up to Close-Out
Industry professionals with best practice case studies and other thought leaders are encouraged to submit a session title, summary of a proposed presentation, and brief biography for consideration.
The deadline for priority consideration is November 15, 2013.
All proposals are subject to review by the program Advisory Committee to ensure the overall quality of the conference program. Please note that due to limited speaking slots, preference is given to abstracts from those within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, regulators, and those from academic centers. Additionally, as per Barnett/CHI policy, a select number of vendors/consultants who provide products and services to these biopharmaceutical companies are offered opportunities for podium presentation slots based on a variety of Corporate Sponsorships.
To submit a proposal for consideration, please click here.
For more information, please contact:
a division of Cambridge Healthtech Institute
For exhibit and sponsorship information, please contact:
Manager, Business Development
Cambridge Healthtech Institute